GZ Favorites of 2018 - Part 1
Happy New Year to you all!
One of my favorite things about starting a new year is reflecting back on the prior year and celebrating top moments. I decided to incorporate that thought into writing a few articles about our favorite GZ Lures individual releases of 2018.
There are many more to come, so stay tuned. There is no specific order to any of these.
1) Big Reidee Lures Black Beauty "Now You See It - Now You Don't" Disappearing Marlin - Ron Akana made one of my absolute favorite insert styles with his Disappearing Ahi/Marlin series. Throw in a little Black Beauty action along with it? Game. Over. This one took Ron an extremely long time to make.
2) Koya Lures Hawaiian Series XL 861s - I put these two together because they came as a set. Eric got some unique laminate shell in with very cool designs and decided he would make a couple lures and see what kind of reception they brought. The video I posted on social media of these lures was one of our most active posts of the year. These lures are absolutely gorgeous. Went to two lucky customers, and I was sad to see them go.
3) Koya Lures Red Dragon Skin 9" Cupped Face - The 9" Cupped Face is one Eric's newest shapes, which I believe was released early 2018. Despite being fairly new, it was still one of our best selling shapes of the year for Eric's lures. I am also a sucker for this dragon skin insert style. Love the bright iridescent colors.
4) Amaral Lures Marbled Petrolero Naja - Take out the fact that the Naja is one of the best large Marlin lures we carry; this Petrolero color is amazing. I am in particular a huge fan of Antonio's Marbled insert styles. Very colorful and very gorgeous that takes extra effort to make. The Petrolero Black/Tan/Root Beer/Red blend is possibly my favorite of all his marbled style heads.
5) Ganku Lures Blue Mahi 7" Cut Face - Easily one of our quickest selling Ganku styles of the year. Gorgeous blue color. The "Mahi Mahi" style inserts were one of the most sought after color schemes across the board, and this is one of my favorite Mahi designs. Period.
6) Amaral Lures Mirrored Blue Back Diamondback with White Zombie Eyes - This color combination that Antonio made straight up pops. Very rare eye style for Antonio. Every time I got this lure in, which was only a couple times, they sold out very very quickly.
7) Crampton Baits Black MOP Blue Back 1/4 Tonner - The 1/4 Tonner I would say is our most popular Crampton lure, and was in love with this color/insert style. Real Black Mother of Pearl slabs with a blue back. Gorgeous lure.
JB Signature Lures
9) Koya Lures Mahi Mahi Scale 9" Clean Sweep Jet - This unique insert style had me mesmerized. I personally am a sucker for Mahi insert styles, and the iridescence of this transparent rainbow-iridescrnt fish scaled wrap helps really bring out the Mahi colors in this lure. Very unique insert design by Eric, and one of my absolute favorites of the year. These did not last long.
10) Raden Lures